Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Accepted slashdot submission

Got a story, about Linus wanting money for the Linux trademark, accepted today at slashdot. Well I am on Linus side if anyone wants to know. Hate to admit it but it is fun when your slashdot submission is accepted. A couple years ago I got another submission about the importance of being debian accepted. Debian rules!

Thursday, August 18, 2005

pyguest 1.3 (continued)

Well I will continue from my last post. The documentation I added concerns the different url:s that are used for the pyguest plugin. I must have been quite tired when I wrote those parts of the documentation because nothing was correct. Sorry for that. The other issue was that I added the base_url template variable (found in config.py) to the pyguest_form template. Unfortunately I did an crappy work documenting this new template variable. I only mention the variable in the change log of pyguest.py. Sorry for that =).

Time to go and watch TV.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

pyguest 1.3

Finally i have had time to do some work! Ok, it is a minor update of pyguest.py. I have made the documentation more clear on some points regarding the URLs and I have added a template variable. Thats all. Well, I will probably write more about these changes tomorrow.

Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Python on .net

Well well well ... IronPython make python go .net! Hmmm have to try it before I can say if it is a good thing or a bad thing.

Quote from IronPython's home page: IronPython is the code name of the early pre-alpha preview release of the new Implementation Running on .NET of the Python programming language. It supports an interactive interpreter with fully dynamic compilation. It is well integrated with the rest of the framework and makes all .NET libraries easily available to Python programmers.

Sunday, August 7, 2005

Almost disaster!

A couple of hours ago I thought that I destroyed the order of my blog. Pyblosxom uses the files time stamp to sort the blog items (usually). Well to make a long story short I succeeded to set all files to the current date. I must thank my friend (and web hotel provider) Ludde that he had backups. From now on I will name my files better. The blog entries should have names based on dates instead of anything else. And I will use cp (the copy command) more carefully =).

Master thesis done - Quality time with my blog

Finally some prime time with my blog. A couple minutes ago I updated pyblosxom from 1.0 to 1.2.1 and everything works.

My master thesis is finished and I have had my opposition seminar. However the thesis is not formally published yet. But when it is you will find it here.