Well I found a html bug in the default data. Very small but very embarrassing html flunk in version 1.0 of the plugin. I should have run a html validator on my stuff before I released it. Why did I not remember it this time? However, 1.0 is now updated to 1.01.
Friday, October 6, 2006
Finally I have had time to finish the code, document and release these 2 scripts. Celebrating with a couple of Staropramen (Czech beer) and some finishing touches on the blog design.
The pygallery.py, as the name imply, is a gallery script (for pyblosxom). It is simple but quite powerful gallery (do we need anything more?).
The apethumbgen.py script is a image resizer and thumb generator. It has good support for the pygallery.py per gallery configuration file format.
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Tomorrow I will fly to budapest in business. I will lecture in some new functionality that I have been working on. I will be there for three days. I will bring my camera so I get more pictures to show with my gallery script =).
I will! I will! How many times can I write that in one post? Bad bad bad =)
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Yesterday i wrote the last rows of code for the base functionality of pygallery. This weekend I will do the gold plating stuff (fun fun fun) and after that the documentation (mmmm not so fun). Because documentation is boring you will not have the plugin until the end of april (sorry).
Well, of to the TV.
Monday, April 10, 2006
Monday, March 27, 2006
Finally! Here is the current functionality:
- The guest book has a anti bot spam feature (captcha = completely automated public Turing test to tell computers and humans apart)
- To post to the guestbook, the user must enter a name and a message or else the guestbook entry will not be saved. The other fields are not mandatory and don't need to be entered.
- The guestbook have protection against double posts due to reloading of browsers etc.
- There are two ways to reach the guestbook: 1).../guestbook/index 2).../guestbook/all (for example http://www.codeape.org/cgi-bin/pyblosxom.cgi/guestbook/index or http://www.codeape.org/blog/guestbook/index). The index link shows the number of entires that is given in the config.py (ex. py['num_entries'] = 5) for the blog. The all link shows all entries.
- The message part is striped from all HTML.
- The message part do not allow the @ character (less spam).
- The guestbook give feedback about user faults
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Today I updated the page to the latest version of pyblosxom. I did that after testing pyguest.py with the new version. Found some bugs! Fixed that! Well it looks like I will release pyguest.py tomorrow after looking over the documentation again and adding some installation verification stuff. After this update of pyguest.py I must find a new project to alter with (pyguest.py starts to get a bit boring). I'm thinking of building a gallery script for the simple reason that I need one.
Monday, March 20, 2006
Well the anti bot spam thingy I have built is evidently called captcha (completely automated public Turing test to tell computers and humans apart). I did not know that until a friend told me a couple minutes ago. Well I have been fideling around with my captcha function the last couple of days (fun!). I have found a couple of bugs, but now it starts to look promising. I hope I will be able to release it this or next week.
Sunday, March 12, 2006
Ooo I got a new keyboard (for only 299 skr). The manufacturer of this aluminium keyboard called Clavier is Hiper. Ok, it look good (well look at the shiny object in the picture) but is it worth the money? The keys has very short punch length which I like because I write faster and when I play games I act faster. The key layout is very compact which make the keyboard smaller. Well it takes less space on my crowded desk. The new layout took around one day to get friendly with but that was no biggy. Conclusion: I like it a lot and will stick to it for a long time!