Finally! Here is the current functionality:
- The guest book has a anti bot spam feature (captcha = completely automated public Turing test to tell computers and humans apart)
- To post to the guestbook, the user must enter a name and a message or else the guestbook entry will not be saved. The other fields are not mandatory and don't need to be entered.
- The guestbook have protection against double posts due to reloading of browsers etc.
- There are two ways to reach the guestbook: 1).../guestbook/index 2).../guestbook/all (for example http://www.codeape.org/cgi-bin/pyblosxom.cgi/guestbook/index or http://www.codeape.org/blog/guestbook/index). The index link shows the number of entires that is given in the config.py (ex. py['num_entries'] = 5) for the blog. The all link shows all entries.
- The message part is striped from all HTML.
- The message part do not allow the @ character (less spam).
- The guestbook give feedback about user faults